Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Dream Begins

Hard to believe it's been six years of teaching and four years of waiting for the Dream to Begin. After four years of working for 80% salary I now have fourteen months of sabbatical to plan for the adventures of a lifetime.

Income (revenue) without the obligations of work. All this without wealthy parents or a Trust Fund.

-->
Saturday June 29, 2013

Living the dream.

Income without work.

Travelling the world.

Enjoying Life before retirement.

That's what my four over five sabbatical is supposed to be about.

Enjoying a sabbatical when I am young enough and well enough to do the things I want to do. 

Working for 80% of my salary for 4 years so I can defer income to take time off and still receive 80% salary.

School was over and done with yesterday. 

I was supposed to be flying to San Francisco by 8:30 am Saturday morning.  I watch my wife Krys leave on the 8:30 am flight, she was confirmed full fare, even though they ask for volunteers to give up their seats since they were oversold (yes all airlines sell more tickets than seats) they are looking for someone with no checked bags. We talk almost six hours later both of us wishing we both had confirmed air travel. The next two flights leave dozens of paying passengers stranded and me too, still standing by. Ahhh the perils of travelling stand by. Finally make it out on the 6:50 pm flight. In Business Class no less. Flight is delayed but makes up time in the air. Krys picks me up in San Francisco 12 hours behind schedule.


Next stop California Dreaming or "California Girls"

No comments:

Post a Comment